Aura's fleet emissions are the company's largest impact to the environment. Aura currently has an action plan in place to ensure, moving forwards, our impact on the environment is managed and reduced. Aura is aware of our environmental impact and tries to minimise it by:
- Regularly evaluating more environmentally efficient vehicles and alternative fuel options, and,
where appropriate, introducing them into the business. All future purchases of vehicles will consider the impact to the average CO2 emissions of the fleet and look towards reducing the CO2 impact.
- Improving the environmental efficiency of our operation by reducing the amount of dead mileage* we travel.
- Educating and empowering people to reduce, re-use and recycle where possible, and disposing of any waste in accordance with relevant legislation
- CO2 reporting to allow all clients to see their impact on journeys taken with Aura.
- To never assume we've done enough.
*Dead Mileage - When a car is travelling without a passenger on board
Since September 2010 Aura has been working on reducing its overall emissions. Here are some of the headlines:
- September 2010 fleet average of 223 g/km reduced to 147.4 g/km as of July 2015, a 33.9% Reduction.
- Replacement of old vehicles with new Mercedes Benz Blue Efficiency vehicles with Stop Start Technology.
Increasing environmental efficiency will remain at the top of our considerations as Aura continues to grow. We recognise the impacts of our business on the environment, and will continue to be proactive in our efforts to reduce them.
CO2 Emissions Target for September 2016: 123.6 g/km = 44.5% reduction